Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The next adventure

So the past few weeks I've been getting so frustrated in life drawing class that I could GNAW MY OWN FACE OFF! Mostly due to the difficulty in applying Andrew Loomis style mannikin construction to real-life models. Not nearly as easy as it looks, let me tell you!

So in any case, I don't want to be someone who bemoans their fate and never gets off their butt to do something about it, so I've devised a plan to make me better at body construction.

For the rest of this month, I plan to spend at least 1/2 hour each day doing studies from George Bridgeman's Constructive Anatomy and Complete Guide to Drawing From Life. Both have a great emphasis on body construction, and I find the style a bit more accessible than Loomis'. Clearly there's a chance I'll miss the occasional day, but I'll try to stick with it as much as possible and see where it takes me. Certainly it won't do me any harm.

So here's the first day's attempts. A bit rough, but what do you expect on the first day?


No comments: