Monday, August 17, 2009

The meaning of the fast progress

I dunno what it is with me these days, but I've kinda gone a bit crock pot nuts. I guess a big part of that is finding this site with enough slow cooking recipies to keep me going for ages. I've already made shepherd's pie, tamale pie, Spanish rice cassarole, sausage with potatoes and spiced potato wedges, and I've got plans to try baking bread and checking out the rotisserie-style chicken recipe. Certainly I can't fault the quality, it's all been fantastic and no more difficult than any other dish. Less, I suppose, since there's a lot less prep and fussing involved for a lot of dishes. Even better, the energy costs are way less than the oven, and it doesn't heat up the house. Win-win-win, I say.

If you've got a crock in the house you haven't used, pull it out, there's so much you can do with it. Hmmm....a hummus recipie....

Er, yeah. Pictures. That's what you're here for, yes?

So the first couple of pages are more Preston Blair studies, mostly head shapes. I'm still trying to get the hang of drawing an egg shape that's not just an oval, but I guess it'll come in time. Then again, since it's mostly just a guideline it might not be terribly important. We'll see over the next few weeks.

After that, are a page of 60-second gestures I did this morning. I've started to feel like pushing realism away for now and start getting down and dirty with the anatomy. So we're talking bending stuff, twisting it, having all sorts of fun. Did those two sketches at the bottom there tonight, and they were an absolute ton o' fun. More tomorrow, with luck!




2 comments:

UberWench said...

I like the nekkid laydeez!

Unknown said...

Then you will get more o' da nekkid laydeez!

Prob'ly tomorrow.