Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Good advice

So life drawing tonight. I think I went up a level, despite not having gone during the month of July.



What was interesting about all this, aside from the unaccountable jump in drawing ability, was the fact that I was talking to one of the animation students going into one of the higher years. She gave me some really good advice on how to stay sane and get a jump on my assignments, which is well appreciated. Apparently my urge to draw as quickly as possible is the right thing to foster, and the daily gesture drawing is really good for learning lines of action, adding energy to drawings, capturing anatomy quickly, and so forth. It's good to have a vote of confidence from someone who's been there, and the advice is valuable. At the very least it's got me a bit more confident about September.

And here's some more of my daily sketches.


No comments: