Monday, August 24, 2009

Endangered Species

Took the day off yesterday, but it's back on the horse again today. As I'm sure you can see, looking below. One interesting thing though, I went back through my day planner to see just how many pages of just gesture drawings I've done over the summer. That's only the 30 and 60 second speed drawings, a few of which I've posted here and there, but most of which are just disposable practice. Here and gone. What surprised me though, was the volume.

325 pages. Most of those with five to seven drawings each. In less than four months. Holy crap.

I'm beginning to believe it when people say I'm dedicated. The scary part is, I'm going to have to exceed that once I start classes in September. I've made a lot of progress already, now imagine where I'll be after 8 more months of even more intense work.

In the meantime, here's some more Preston Blair studies.




So I play World of Warcraft, and it's a lot of fun. Especially given the improvements that have been made over the years the game has been around (can't wait for Cataclysm!). Anyhow, I saw this awesome Draenei (aka Russian Space Goat) NPC, and I totally felt the need to draw her.

Well, I ended up drawing a totally different Draenei girl. But hey, it's all good!


Draenei are (c) Blizzard Entertainment, in case you're wondering.

No comments: