Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Listen!!


Do you smell something?

So starting to get somewhere fun with this stuff, after the past few months of hammering away at the basics. I've learned a few interesting things. One, I love hatching. I mean I really love it. I'm not that good at it yet, but I seem to be getting better. Two, I find angular stuff way more appealing to draw than simple curves. Maybe that's a phase, but it's really enjoyable. And three, although you don't see it on this stuff, I seem to enjoy exaggerating shoulders. Not sure what that means, but I would guess when I get to doing a lot more figure work again you'll probably see a lot of it.

We'll see if those observations hold up. For now, it's just nice to finally start getting some insight into what my hands find fun to draw.

No comments: