Friday, July 3, 2009

Aaaand that's two weeks


So as promised, two weeks of daily head studies. not that I plan to stop or anything, but let's take stock. Certainly a lot of improvement from my first page in just about all respects. I'm starting to get the idea of expressiveness, and at least a little better concept of hair. On the other hand, my profiles suck. Really suck. Need to work on that a lot.

Started studying the work of Pierre Alary a lot more, he's developing into a big influence on where I want to go with my work. I mean seriously, if I can get characters this expressive with such subtlety and economy, I'd be in heaven. Mind you, there's years worth of work in getting anywhere near that stage, but at least I'm starting to figure out what it is I want.

Organized the links on the right there, too. Could use a few more, but it's a start.

No comments: